A popular old 'laceleaf' cultivar with excellent foliage colour variation from spring to autumn and a characteristic domed, weeping habit. A suitable landscape feature for small protected gardens and parks.
- Can Grow upto 2m H x 2m W
- Growth Rate – Slow.
- Habit – Dense, rounded with pendulous branches..
- Foliage – Deep red new growth becoming dark coppery-burgundy then bronze-green with maturation in summer. Deeply incised with seven to nine long, fine lobes that in turn have serrated lobes. Autumn colour brilliant orange.
- Flowers – Small, red flowers. Insignificant
- Bark – Young stems are coppery-green.
- Tolerances – Adaptable to a range of soil types once established, but prefers a moist, well drained soil. Should not be planted in exposed areas where hot summer winds may stress the tree and leaves may suffer scorch in very hot sun. Transplants easily.The ultimate overall height of this tree is controlled, to a degree, by the 'standard' to which it was grated with and propagated in the farm.
Available in 33cm Pot Size (Advanced Size Tree)
The colour images and descriptions provided in our website / social media pages are to be used as a guide only. Factors such as Australia's varied climatic conditions, seasons and soil type can affect overall growth & appearance.