A 'laceleaf' weeping Japanese maple with dark purplish foliage and a characteristic weeping form. Outstanding in a protected garden any time of the year.
- Can Grow upto 2m H x 2m W
- Growth Rate – Slow.
- Habit – Compact dome-shaped with pendulous branches
- Foliage – almate leaves are deeply incised with seven to nine long fine lobes, each of which have evenly spaced divisions. This cultivar is at its best in spring when the rich burgundy-purple colour of the foliage is vivid. As summer approaches, the richness of the colour lessens and a slight green tone is combined with the dark colours. In autumn it returns to the burgundy-purple colours.
- Flowers – Small, red flowers. Insignificant
- Bark – The young branches are claret-purple in colour.
- Tolerances – Adaptable to a range of soil types once established, but prefers a moist, well drained soil. Should not be planted in exposed areas where hot summer winds may stress the tree and leaves may suffer scorch in very hot sun. Transplants easily.The ultimate overall height of this tree is controlled, to a degree, by the 'standard' to which it was grated with and propagated in the farm.
Available in 33cm Pot Size (Advanced Size Tree)
The colour images and descriptions provided in our website / social media pages are to be used as a guide only. Factors such as Australia's varied climatic conditions, seasons and soil type can affect overall growth & appearance.