A well known Japanese Maple cultivar with unusual coral pink young stems that create a striking effect, especially in winter. This feature and the superb yellow to apricot autumn foliage make it an elegant tree ideal for protected areas of gardens and parks. Synonymous with Acer palmatum ‘Senkaki’.
- Can Grow upto 6m H x 5m W
- Growth Rate – Slow to moderate.
- Habit – Vase' shaped, multi-stemmed small tree.
- Foliage – Light green, five lobed, flat leaves with red petioles. The lobes are rounded and tapered to a sharp point and have a doubly serrate margin. The autumn colours are brilliant yellow with an apricot-orange tinge. Leaves can occasionally have seven to nine lobes.
- Flowers – Insignificant small red flowers in spring.
- Bark – The young stems are bright coral pink to red which intensifies and becomes more obvious in the dormant period. Older branches gradually become brown with attractive green striations.
- Tolerances – Adaptable to a range of soil types once established, but prefers a moist, well drained soil. Should not be planted in exposed areas where hot summer winds may stress the tree and leaves may suffer scorch in very hot sun.
Available in 25cm Pot Size (Advanced Size Tree)
The colour images and descriptions provided in our website / social media pages are to be used as a guide only. Factors such as Australia's varied climatic conditions, seasons and soil type can affect overall growth & appearance.