A uniform growth habit and excellent late autumn foliage colour make this cultivar a superb specimen tree for larger gardens, street and public parks and public gardens.
- Can Grow upto 12m H x 9m W
- Growth Rate – Moderate.
- Habit – Broadly ovate to oval rounded.
- Foliage – Lustrous, dark green five-lobed leaves with red petioles and a greyish underside. During early autumn the leaves turn a dark pinkish-red and become an effective background colour to compliment the often superb autumn tones of brilliant red-orange to pinkish lipstick-red. The leaf undersides become greyish-pink adding further interest to the display.
- Flowers – nsignificant. Bright red in spring. Female.
- Bark – Thin, dark grey and roughly textured. The young twigs are bright red.
- Tolerances – Adapts to a wide range of climatic and soil conditions including moderately wet soils. Moderate tolerance to air pollution and compaction. Will not tolerate excessively dry or alkaline soils. Reported to tolerate warmer conditions better than other red maple cultivars providing adequate soil moisture is maintained. Thin bark is easily damaged. Avoid pruning in late winter and early spring.
Available in 33cm Pot Size (Advanced Size Tree)
The colour images and descriptions provided in our website / social media pages are to be used as a guide only. Factors such as Australia's varied climatic conditions, seasons and soil type can affect overall growth & appearance.